Health & RecreationEssential Life Skills
P rogram participants all learn healthy strategies for life, and we offer regular opportunities for exercise and recreation. Health and recreation are vital parts of meeting our mission to empower individuals with developmental disabilities to become safely and successfully independent.
Our Health and Recreation opportunities for program participants include, among many other things:
- Planning and cooking healthy meals
- Personal hygiene instruction
- Field trips
- Community volunteerism
- Social skills training and opportunities to practice
- Visits to neighborhood parks
- Responsibility for self
- Direct sales of own products
- Employment opportunities, such as county fair work
Click any photo to enlarge and scroll through.